GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where 
you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
Play Now Download

How to steal more than a million E and get away with it -- Part two

How to steal more than a million E and get away with it -- Part two
So, since Berserker decided to simply close the tread, ill open a new one for a little bit more general talk.
What we have to far - Enkord blames me, we can see their official response:
http://www.gunrox.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117713&postcount=9
In other words - This is anarchy. I can scam whoever i want, steal as much as i want, and its not their responsibility ☺
Oh wait, forgot to mention... Loggin in into other persons accoutn without his premission is against the rules and can yeld ban..
Stealing / Scamming / Any other similar activity is against the rules and can yeld a ban..
And here we have a simple example how those rules works - you can steal A LOT and simply get away with it because nobody cares. Well, thats not the way to attract new people IMHO, but oh well, im not the owner of the game.
In such a case that this is not a moderated game but a Anarchy, can we get other moderator / Administrator statuses revoked? In my opinion, if we can scam players and get away with it, steal items and get away with it, freakin steal accounts and yet get away with it.. why should we get silenced for words like R***rd and so? ☺
Edited 10 minutes later by . Reason: Dont want to discriminate single Mod, so adding administrators to the list also.
3 years ago Quote
3 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to
I think that if they can't recover items, at least find out the culprit and punish him
3 years ago Quote
3 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*

I think that if they can't recover items, at least find out the culprit and punish him

So far only unofficial response i got is that they cannot do any punishment and so simply because there is no guarantees that arts were taken from me without my premission (well, it was, but "how can they know"), and especially if the person who took it was ever logged into this account (Its possible because account was stolen some time ago) ☺
So simply because someone managed to steal account, now everyone can scam it, simply because it will count as someone to whom account was shared at some point
3 years ago Quote
3 years ago Quote
Reply to
Well, i think this doesnt conflict with any GDPR Laws and so, so i would like to make this a little bit simplier.
As the Owner of this account, i would like to ask, to who this acc traded in between 2021.04.19 00:00:00 to 2021.04.22 23:00:00 EST. I think as account owner i have the right to have such information, do i? ☺
3 years ago Quote
3 years ago Quote
Reply to

Well, i think this doesnt conflict with any GDPR Laws and so, so i would like to make this a little bit simplier.
As the Owner of this account, i would like to ask, to who this acc traded in between 2021.04.19 00:00:00 to 2021.04.22 23:00:00 EST. I think as account owner i have the right to have such information, do i? ☺

We don't record item transfers in our database, if we do that it would take up too much space, so unfortunately it is impossible to know where did that items go.
However I see access to your account from the country different than your own so like I said, next time, pay more attention about your account security.
3 years ago Quote
3 years ago Quote
Reply to
BTW, this is one of the reasons why we plan not to have item transfers in GUNROX 2
3 years ago Quote
3 years ago Quote
Reply to
Well, i have mentioned already that account was stolen before. Regarsing security, what can i tell - if your 2FA protection is so good that it requeres confirmation one time in life, then im surprised, because only explanation on how someone could access my account with the protections i have is that guy stole account year ago, put on his 2FA and got authorised, and #BestProtection doesnt need to authorise the person again even though its different password and so on simply because it was authorised once at some point in its existance.
Im sorry to tell you this, but well, as admin and owner, you are literally killing the game yourself, simply because no rules apllies to the game.
P.s. Is it possible to see who's art is in art market? Simply because some of the arts which were stolen are now in art market.
3 years ago Quote
3 years ago Quote
Reply to
Support
So since its players obligations to ''Secure their Accounts'' which Xiri obviously did with his account ''TheMurder'' but still got logged into even with the new Security system and the new options. However isnt it the Game Developers obligations to help/support their players in need? Its not just some lvl 10 acc that got stolen its the fact that ur ''Security system'' if u can even call it that got so easily overlooked. For instance how about improving it even more where if u login from a diffrent IP - Country u need to type a certain Code thats been sent to ur Phone which is linked with ur acc(also make more Accs linkable with 1 Phone). Serious money is on the line and ur refusing to help ur Players with that in mind how do u even plan on publishing Gunrox 2 ( if its ever going to be released) when u cant even do simple stuff like checking a Acc's login IPS
(realising urself that the Account has only been logged into from 1 IP All the time) and then check the other IP that has logged into the time the Arts were transfered and find the culprit and punish him? Ur simply letting it slide even tho its ur Security System that hasnt protected his account enough and letted a random person from random IP log into his Acc.
3 years ago Quote
3 years ago Quote
Reply to
I think we have found the reason why so many players eventually will quit this game.
3 years ago Quote
3 years ago Quote
Reply to

P.s. Is it possible to see who's art is in art market? Simply because some of the arts which were stolen are now in art market.

PM me in the game
3 years ago Quote
3 years ago Quote
Reply to
*Conversation was moved into more private place.
3 years ago Quote
3 years ago Quote
Reply to
Conclusion
Hello everyone.
As a lot of you most likely know already, someone managed to access my account and steal around 170 monster arts from it, worth a lot of money..
For those who doesnt want to read all of this long post, ill tell now - The person who did it was identified and punished. And now, to the long post..
First of all, i would like to say thank you for everyone who came in to support me. I cannot name every single person, that is phisically impossible, but a lot of you came to support me, and that includes both friends and enemyes, some people i dont know at all, pretty much whole community. I never expected to get such support, but that shows that in theese hard times everyone is prepared to support each other when its needed..
Secondly, Sorry guys, but i never thought this will turn into massive panic and wichhunt / manhunt on the server. Yes, i appreciate the information from people, who has seen someone having new arts, etc, but i never intended for this to turn into a hunt where everyone is suspecting everyone and has some seriously bad intentions (and this is especially to you guys, who suggested me to track the one who scammed me or hack into every single account we suspected, thats not how we solve such things.. thats illegal and morally wrong, this is just a game after all..).
A lot of you were asking how did this happen, did i share my account and so. Short answer is that its not clear how did this happen, but uppon investigation there is a few more things known. For this i should go back in time, when my account was pretty much stolen. I came back to the game, recovered the account, changed password, checked that my personal data is assigned to the account to protect it. In my original post i mentioned that i had all the personal information assigned to the account, which uppon investigating, found out that its not true – my personal information was not assigned to the account, it was deleted few months ago by the one who stole the account. What lead me to beleave that my information is present, is the fact when i went to change my password, it requested me to enter my info, such as name, surname. That actually seems to be a bug (Which is being fixed right now i guess (Berserker is aware of this), that even though there were no information assigned, it asked me to enter the information – for that i thought that its there, and in reality, it would have accepted anything. Suggestion for everyone – go into account settings, personal information and MAKE SURE that your information is present in there, and its not spaces instead of name / surname*. Second mistake from my part is not changing email – i left the old email on the account when i recovered it, which made things even simplier – now you have the email, you only need a password and personal info, and since personal info is not assigned – you only need a password. Yet unknown how did the person got my password, but i guess that will remain a mistery. Also, regarding personal data, sadly Enkord‘s hands is quite tied on this because of the GDPR laws which applies for our personal data, so its not much the company can do about it (Constant reminders about adding personal data and so when it was declined are literally illegal).
So, this is the part of HOW my arts got stolen. What happened afterwards – honestly a wichhunt. As we all know i have went public with this, got Administration attention quite quickly, but was immediatly informed that most likely guy will get away and that for sure i wont get my arts back (we will get back to this a little bit later). I guess most of you have seen Zhannet response on the issue (screenshot was provided in one of the posts, which, in my opinion, was not appropriate thing to tell to a person in such situation, but im not in the power to judge. In the end, Berserker gave his official response that its our, players, responsibility to keep accounts secure and that transferrable content is not protected. I understand this part,
3 years ago Quote
3 years ago Quote
Reply to
On my side I would add that we plan to add in one of the next updates a big red warning on starting screen in the game to those players who don't have their personal details attached to account, so maybe this will help to avoid similar situations in the future.
3 years ago Quote
3 years ago Quote
Reply to

On my side I would add that we plan to add in one of the next updates a big red warning on starting screen in the game to those players who don't have their personal details attached to account, so maybe this will help to avoid similar situations in the future.

I agree with that. Maybe It would be a good idea if you put on the user name (Right next to the name in game) a verficication logo so it would help more to be safety or to record in game the "Privat message" chat protokoll to report it and a moderator/administrator can follow it and read it without problems to solve the problem or any kind of problems else.
3 years ago Quote
3 years ago Quote

Download Play Now GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him