GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where 
you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
Play Now Download

Mobile background issues

Status: Closed Severity: Suggestion Reproducibility: Always Reply

When locking an IPhone, or doing any other task while the game is in a standby state (minimized)... Gunrox still runs in the background using up a large chunk of system resources, when reopening the game even after several hours the game speeds up to catch up with the server. It disconnects only after reaching current game time.
I was unaware of the battery drain while driving to the city, phone cpu was heated up quite a bit.
Suggesting a kick out time of 10 mins or so, if possible. I know it’s suppose to disconnect after a period of time, but while minimized; it apparently goes on until you close it

Reported by .

2 years ago Quote
Reply to
I am not sure disconnecting would help, because the game would stil be active and running in disconnected state. Ideally the browser should detect minimized state itself and reduce the performance of minimized apps but for some reason this does not happen in your case.
You can do an experiment to help us solve this issue:
After minimizing the game disconnect the wi-fi / 3G networks to force the disconnect manually and wait for some time if the phone heats/drains battery less. Then repeat the experiment couple of times to see if there is any difference in minimized game being disconnected or connected. If there is a significant difference then we will see if something can be done to utilize that and safe power.
2 years ago Quote
2 years ago Quote
Reply to

When locking an IPhone, or doing any other task while the game is in a standby state (minimized)... Gunrox still runs in the background using up a large chunk of system resources, when reopening the game even after several hours the game speeds up to catch up with the server. It disconnects only after reaching current game time.
I was unaware of the battery drain while driving to the city, phone cpu was heated up quite a bit.
Suggesting a kick out time of 10 mins or so, if possible. I know it’s suppose to disconnect after a period of time, but while minimized; it apparently goes on until you close it

Thats the issue i told you before Berserker.. about phone getting heat up and game using resources more than needed than usual
2 years ago Quote
2 years ago Quote
Reply to

I am not sure disconnecting would help, because the game would stil be active and running in disconnected state. Ideally the browser should detect minimized state itself and reduce the performance of minimized apps but for some reason this does not happen in your case.
You can do an experiment to help us solve this issue:
After minimizing the game disconnect the wi-fi / 3G networks to force the disconnect manually and wait for some time if the phone heats/drains battery less. Then repeat the experiment couple of times to see if there is any difference in minimized game being disconnected or connected. If there is a significant difference then we will see if something can be done to utilize that and safe power.

This is hard to test with an iPhone, the data processed for battery and data is percentage based over a 24/hr period. I’m sure without a connection to the internet, that the overall data processed by the game would be non-existent and create no hard-battery drain nor data usage. For procedural sake, I’ve turned off cellular and WiFi. The game froze on entry and went straight to the disconnect screen. This was tested over a 10 minute period.
I believe that it is unable to update to the server on session resume, instead of having all that data processed over-time; it hadn’t processed it at all while disconnected or minimized after removing all internet source connections.
2 years ago Quote
2 years ago Quote

Status: Closed Severity: Suggestion Reproducibility: Always Reply

Download Play Now GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him