GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where 
you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
Play Now Download

Build Inquiry for Third Unit

Build Inquiry for Third Unit
Hey so I've been trying to make a build for another account because I think my main one is a little too expensive and even though it's doing ok I'd like a change of pace and use it as an excercise for my brain.
Because let's face it... after a while it feels like muscle memory, same units, same strategies, same moves. I think that makes my brain slower and in the end dumber.
So I'd like it if some of you guys would help nitpick how this build should/would behave from lev 8 through 20.
I'd also like some ideas for the third unit and if that unit could be improved on or just entirely changed.
Unit 1
Pistol + Melee
*Going hard on the Pistol Mastery perks to use a Beretta 92 on Level 12.
*Placing 2 Perks on HP (just so it's not made of hopes and dreams that shatter after 2 shots of a Milkor)
*And then going for Melee Mastery to get Endurance so it's a 11 AP + 3 Movement APs.
Unit 2
Assault Rifle Doctor
*The idea behind this is at level 20 it should be a Sig Doctor so it's long range-ish, but at level 13 it should use an AK47
*Getting Doc at Level 12
*Placing remainder skill points on something lightweight like melee or Pistol (please advice on this... I'd go for Melee)
This unit has no HP perks so it would be very fragile if caught off-guard or with no cover, so I'm well aware of that.
Unit 3
Still thinking about this one
Option1: Machinegun + Shotgun (or Melee) Option 2: Shotgun + Nades
I'd like advice on this particular unit because I dunno if it will work in synergy with the other 2 units.
Any thoughts?
TL;DR - z0mg I'm stoopid and want advice on build
10 years ago Quote
10 years ago Quote
Reply to
I also wanted to ask people how do you guys think it would handle in 1v1, team games (2v2 and 3v3), megas and when out numbered (1v2, 1v3).
I think for megas it might no do very well because 1 unit is based entirely on mid-short range (pistol-melee) and even in short range it's not as hard hitting as shotguns.
Thank you and I truly apologize for making such a huge post.
Edited 1 hour, 4 minutes later by .
10 years ago Quote
10 years ago Quote
Reply to

Hey so I've been trying to make a build for another account because I think my main one is a little too expensive and even though it's doing ok I'd like a change of pace and use it as an excercise for my brain.
Because let's face it... after a while it feels like muscle memory, same units, same strategies, same moves. I think that makes my brain slower and in the end dumber.
So I'd like it if some of you guys would help nitpick how this build should/would behave from lev 8 through 20.
I'd also like some ideas for the third unit and if that unit could be improved on or just entirely changed.
Unit 1
Pistol + Melee
*Placing 2 Perks on HP (just so it's not made of hopes and dreams that shatter after 2 shots of a Milkor)
*And then going for Melee Mastery to get Endurance so it's a 11 AP + 3 Movement APs.
Unit 2
Assault Rifle Doctor
*The idea behind this is at level 20 it should be a Sig Doctor so it's long range-ish, but at level 13 it should use an AK47
*Getting Doc at Level 12
*Placing remainder skill points on something lightweight like melee or Pistol (please advice on this... I'd go for Melee)
This unit has no HP perks so it would be very fragile if caught off-guard or with no cover, so I'm well aware of that.
Unit 3
I'd like advice on this particular unit because I dunno if it will work in synergy with the other 2 units.
Any thoughts?

Unit 1- It's a good unit for a spotter, but I'd get Endurance before Pistol Mastery since AP is way better for spotting
Unit 2- Wouldn't recommend going full on rifle mastery, I'd rather stop at 5 for an extra moviment ap even though Sig is nice, as for terciary skill, definitely Malee (and then get endurence)
Unit 3- Nader + Shotgun is really good but expensive, Lightmachine gun is not very good until minigun (which you can only use on lvl 32)
getting a Sig + Shotgun 15 ap is really nice and cheap for level 20-29
or you can get a full tank unit(10x hp 10x regen and 2x Health 1/2) works really well in lvl 20-29
10 years ago Quote
10 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Something tanky
Because you already have 2 fragile units, i recommend u a tanky unit. Look at the plan.
You will find enemy with the pistol unit, then damage enemy with a Tanky unit, such as Assault + pistol, or assault + melee. So when you go back with pistol enemy will find the tanky unit, providing cover for both other units.
or
Make smg + sniper. This will let you with 3 fragile units, but to be honest 2 sniper hits are a lot of PAIN on low lvs. After lv 16 (when you can finally get 14ap) start getting damage resistances, so you can have a shelter 14 ap when u are lv 30´s.....
Both units are cheap. Go tank Assault + melee / pistol if you want to play 1x1. Go 14 ap Smg´s + Sniper if you think you will be playing more Team battles.
Also consider Vegueta recommendations. I think is far more important to get movility first on your scouter unit. (exept if you go for the tank)
10 years ago Quote
10 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*
Thank you very much both of you for helping out.

Unit 1- It's a good unit for a spotter, but I'd get Endurance before Pistol Mastery since AP is way better for spotting
Unit 2- Wouldn't recommend going full on rifle mastery, I'd rather stop at 5 for an extra moviment ap even though Sig is nice, as for terciary skill, definitely Malee (and then get endurence)
Unit 3- Nader + Shotgun is really good but expensive, Lightmachine gun is not very good until minigun (which you can only use on lvl 32)
getting a Sig + Shotgun 15 ap is really nice and cheap for level 20-29
or you can get a full tank unit(10x hp 10x regen and 2x Health 1/2) works really well in lvl 20-29

So Unit 1 would have to use the Python for a long time and just work as a spotter. I don't particularly like the python because it never seems to do good damage for the 3 AP it costs, that's why I wanted to rush for Beretta :/ and yeah you are right, what's the point of a spotter unit if it doesn't have a lot of AP.
Unit 2 I wanted to go for full rifle mastery because I thought if I can keep it back and just bring it forward to shoot once and then back again it would always be behind the other 2 units, but ok I can see how it would work. Though wow Dieter is -20 HP so it would be extremely frail. It would only have 125 HP. 😲 After analyzing that suggestion in the Gunrox Fitting Room I think it's good... 13 AP, and I get to use AK47 at level 14 so it's not a huge defecit in damage output.
As a third unit yes I can understand using a tanker, kinda why I was expecting an MG because it's easy to put lots of HP perks on that without sacrificing max weapon level.
So maybe for a Third Unit I should use Assault Rifle + Shotty? How many HP perks?
I'm so confused I don't even know what to do now :/
10 years ago Quote
10 years ago Quote
Reply to
for third unit i reccomend machine guns + shotgun + tank - so it would be 13 - 14 ap and would have 8-10 hp perks but no regen.
10 years ago Quote
10 years ago Quote
Reply to
An issue I think this build has, is that it does no explosive damage.
I dunno what to do. Anyone have an idea of another build?
10 years ago Quote
10 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to
Nice !
Nice Build Dude 😁 !
but MachineGun + Nades will stey 12 AP :O !
i think machine gun + shotgun is GREAT 😁 !
with neosted + mg4 on LVL 20 😁 !
but anyway ! Good Idies 😉
10 years ago Quote
10 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*
You really think it's good? wow cool :P
Well it's still a work in progress but if someone else thinks it's "ok" then It might work.
But yeah MG+nades is not a good mix I don't think I suggested that though but yeah. MG+shotty is very powerful, I've used it before.
Now I am considering that the third unit should also be an assault rifle, but not so sure.
I'm going to trash an account using the build and see how it goes :P
After all, there's a saying that goes:
"No battle plan ever survives first contact with the enemy", so it's best to test it out and see how stuff goes down.
10 years ago Quote
10 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to

An issue I think this build has, is that it does no explosive damage.
I dunno what to do. Anyone have an idea of another build?

If you are unsure of this build, just cause you have no explosives, then what about last unit one of this options:
1- Sniper + Kamikaze. Make it tanky. 7 - 10 hp perks. The point is that you go find enemy with spotter, hit sniper and assault, but be sure sniper will be little closer to enemy than doctor. So when you pull back spotter, enemy will find the sniper, so he attack sniper unit, but ur kinda tanky, so most likely you will survive, then you can choose, to trow nade, or go kami if enemys are close enough.
2- Make Smg´s + full miner. Make it tanky. 7 - 10 hp perks. The point is to set a mine close to vision point (just behind spotter). So when enemy comes to look for the spotter, Bam step on your mine. Acctually i am useing this unit rigth now on "Costarricenses" and man its fun and VERY powerfull. Ur claymores make 100 dmg easy for just 2-3 ap. At lv 20 when you can use M15 mine you will get medal for 200 dmg.
3- Assault + shotgun. Make it shelter (turtle for lower lvs) with 13 ap via shotguns. Keep that assault with launcher and problem solved. now you got explosives and tank.
Edited 2 minutes later by *DELETED*.
10 years ago Quote
10 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*
Ok guys I think this is going to be the first try for the build:
Unit 1 Melee + Pistol at lev 14 Endurance and 3 HP perks
So up until lev 14 no Pistol Mastery as suggested because yes you guys are right more AP for movement is better.
Unit 2 AR+Doc (after doc perk everything goes to melee)
Achieve Doc at lev 12
1 Strong Back Perk
At Lev 13 I should have 5 Rifle Mastery perks + Dieter, and then at lev 14 add 1 Rifle Mastery Perk and get AK47.
Unit 3 MG+Melee
Endurance at Lev 14
only 1 HP Perk and 1 Strongback perk
It's got a lot of melee so I hope it's not too weak in short range situations. I would've gone Mg+shotty but after playing with Gunrox fitting room, the shotty consumes 2 more perks to get to 14 AP (2 perks for +1 AP each and +1 Strongback to overcome the weight loss from the Organized Perk)
How do you guys think it'll do?
It's got no explosives other than the Assault Rifle 40mm shots... so that might be an issue to overcome.
10 years ago Quote
10 years ago Quote
Reply to

Unit 1
Pistol + Melee
Unit 2
Assault Rifle Doctor
*Getting Doc at Level 12
Unit 3
Any thoughts?

go 3x assault + melle/shotgun+ full tank and get 14 ap from beneli/melle at lv 24 =best build for low lvs
9 years ago Quote
9 years ago Quote

Download Play Now GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him