GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where 
you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
Play Now Download

Passwords & Securing Your Account

Passwords & Securing Your Account
Lately I've been hearing and reading many complaints about the security of your (the user) password and other private information. There are many disadvantages to allowing others to know your password or private information that can potentially give your "attacker" the ability to figure out the password, even if your reluctant to give it away; luckily you've stumbled onto this thread, so here are the ways to protect your account.
1. Don't disclose any personal information. This includes your email address, home address, DOB (date of birth), previous internet providers, and any type of passwords or information such as security questions, Ex. "what is your mothers maiden name?, What's your first pet's name?". Do not give out this information!
2. Do not download anything from a non-trusted source. This includes friends especially. If someone comes onto you trying to get you to download anything, report it immediately. Sometimes they may attach key loggers or other malicious software to obtain your password.
3. Don't allow your brothers or sisters to access your account. The only person(s) that should even know your sensitive information should be you and your parent/guardian (If under the age of 18). If your not responsible enough to keep track of it, let your parents hold onto it.
4. Do not try to sell or transfer accounts. I cannot express this enough, selling and trading accounts for in-game currency as well as real money is against the rules and can get both parties banned! If you are being offered something too good to be true, it probably is. Report it ASAP!
5. Change your password frequently. If you think you've been compromised in regards of your password then I urge you to change it. Don't second guess yourself, guessing a password can be easy if they know enough about you; always select a password that cannot be guessed!
6. Always use a mixture of characters for your password. The use of capital letters, numbers, and symbols can help protect you from even the most aggressive password seekers. Not only does this make your password difficult to guess, but if you were to have accidently given someone enough information to guess the right password; the sequence itself would take forever and deter the "attacker". Ex. damager ; DAMager122.
10 years ago Quote
10 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to
Great Mod .
Thank u for informations....
Now no one will post a thread about stol account xD....
10 years ago Quote
10 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*
Security Code
Damager how i can RE-SEND security code? i lose it idk how, can help me? pls☹
9 years ago Quote
9 years ago Quote
Reply to
You cannot request for a second recovery code. It would be the 2nd email from enkord in your original email used when you created the account.
9 years ago Quote
9 years ago Quote
Reply to
email
good night!
have a problem is one year that l did not enter the gunrox´m coming back to play, l do not remember my email so remember the name and password how can l retrieve email for me to return to jogo☹☹😕😕
9 years ago Quote
9 years ago Quote
Reply to
email
Yes, its my problem too... i dont remenber wht is my email.. any moderator can help to recovery this? just tell wht email is.. nothing more. ☺
8 years ago Quote
8 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to

Lately I've been hearing and reading many complaints about the security of your (the user) password and other private information. There are many disadvantages to allowing others to know your password or private information that can potentially give your "attacker" the ability to figure out the password, even if your reluctant to give it away; luckily you've stumbled onto this thread, so here are the ways to protect your account.
1. Don't disclose any personal information. This includes your email address, home address, DOB (date of birth), previous internet providers, and any type of passwords or information such as security questions, Ex. "what is your mothers maiden name?, What's your first pet's name?". Do not give out this information!
2. Do not download anything from a non-trusted source. This includes friends especially. If someone comes onto you trying to get you to download anything, report it immediately. Sometimes they may attach key loggers or other malicious software to obtain your password.
3. Don't allow your brothers or sisters to access your account. The only person(s) that should even know your sensitive information should be you and your parent/guardian (If under the age of 18). If your not responsible enough to keep track of it, let your parents hold onto it.
4. Do not try to sell or transfer accounts. I cannot express this enough, selling and trading accounts for in-game currency as well as real money is against the rules and can get both parties banned! If you are being offered something too good to be true, it probably is. Report it ASAP!
5. Change your password frequently. If you think you've been compromised in regards of your password then I urge you to change it. Don't second guess yourself, guessing a password can be easy if they know enough about you; always select a password that cannot be guessed!
6. Always use a mixture of characters for your password. The use of capital letters, numbers, and symbols can help protect you from even the most aggressive password seekers. Not only does this make your password difficult to guess, but if you were to have accidently given someone enough information to guess the right password; the sequence itself would take forever and deter the "attacker". Ex. damager ; DAMager122.

Alright mister damager, I appreciate your work and I agree that giving out personal information on any internet service is such a bad thing, but about the E-mail addresses, Well, that is your contact address, so think if someone would like to contact you he send you messages using E-mail.
Secondly, When talking about downloading software from untrusted sources, it is always untrusted if the piece of software is nonfree, now people will argue that Gunrox is a windows-only game and it will not work on other free operating systems, The solution is to run windows on a virtual machine or a dedicated machine just made for gaming purposes. (see: https://www.privacytools.io/#os)
Another thing! The note you mentioned here about maintaining a strong password is not useful, because a password like that can be cracked in 7 days with a brute force attack with a GPU.
The solution is to use a password manager where you can generated a unique strong password (like this: hx$f_+h3]/m[_>B)9L&pdiceware generated password converted to a special pattern.
* Note: using a nonfree password manager will not solve the issue but it will make it worse (use KeePassX)
Edited 19 minutes later by *DELETED*.
8 years ago Quote
8 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*
Generalized, most people will not understand GPU brute force attacks. Which isn't as easy as you think, brute force attacks are usually done with synchronisation with other individuals; unless you have a server room at your disposal.
7 years ago Quote
7 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to
ATTENTION ALL.
Attention all administrators.
Change the mail from my account and I do not get the message to re-activate my account. WHY?
DO SOMETHING. IT'S A BUG OF YOUR GAME.
DO SOMETHING
7 years ago Quote
7 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*
#help
What i do if i forgot email and password becuase i didn't open acccount for months !!!!!!!! ☹
7 years ago Quote
7 years ago Quote
Reply to
Bug between changuing password
Hi Admin, Sorry if i disturb you, but i have a problem and please i really need help! So, i've changed my password but when i did it, it made an error and so i can't join with the new and old password
I'd tryed to recovery it with my email but that says error email or error birthday
So please i need help to recovery the email
gunroxmagnata@hotmail.com
7 years ago Quote
7 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to
account
Hi Admin, Sorry if i disturb you, but i have a problem and please i really need help! So, i've changed my password but when i did it, it made an error and so i can't join with the new and old password
I'd tryed to recovery it with my email but that says error email or error birthday
So please i need help to recovery the email
berttikjeans@hotmail.com
6 years ago Quote
6 years ago Quote
Reply to
i no remember and need me correo for account evil_men
i no remember and need me correo for account evil_men
pliz help me
6 years ago Quote
6 years ago Quote
Reply to
i forgot my old acc
/whois SMALIK is my old acc i forgot email adress last login 11.8.2012 can you send me email adress to reset password? ☹ Ty Berserker
2 years ago Quote
2 years ago Quote
Reply to
Mistake
I press on reset pass ( mistake )and they reset the pass send it to my email
I don't remember my old email
I can return my old pass ?
2 years ago Quote
2 years ago Quote
Reply to
[QUOTE=Squid-Game;119470]I press on reset pass ( mistake )and they reset the pass send it to my email
2 years ago Quote
2 years ago Quote
Reply to

I press on reset pass ( mistake )and they reset the pass send it to my email

More of a question for berserker; the recovery engine has had a few enhancements and changes since the creation of this post. You might want to check an old PC that may have your recovery code saved on it. In the past, resetting a password only worked if you had access to the email and clicked the link provided. You can try to change the password through forums (as they used to be linked) but I think that was a vulnerability in the past and possibly was fixed. I would attempt to recover the email with security questions, and if your able to sign into the recovery page; go ahead and copy the secure code and update your information.
2 years ago Quote
2 years ago Quote
Reply to
my passaword
How am I going to change my password if I don't have access to my recovery code that I lost 10 years ago, can someone explain to me, what kind of update is this berkerser ???
2 years ago Quote
2 years ago Quote
Reply to
Recoved
hello, I want to recover my account, I have been sending the staff to recover it for a long time and I never have an answer, I understand the situation that Ukraine is experiencing at the moment, I donate a little, I would like to recover it if it is not a bother, I already sent all mail, photo of the identity document, I don't remember the password and the cell phone that was linked I don't have it anymore because it was stolen, but if I have access to the mail I would like to recover it through the mail, thanks and sorry, Argentina is with Ukraine. Cheers
1 year ago Quote
1 year ago Quote

Download Play Now GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him