GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where 
you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
Play Now Download

Update 03-Apr-2009 - 4 New haircuts, 2 new pistols, and a new skin color

1 2 3

We have added 4 new haircuts:
- Elvis Haircut (male)
- Boxhead Haircut (male)
- Minnie Haircut (female)
- Lorie Haircut (female)
Also 2 new pistols added:
- Gunblade (pistol skill 100 required) - mix between pistol and a knife
- Punisher (pistol skill 120 required) - ultimate pistol in the game
And a new skin color added
- Green - make your zombie characters with green hair color added earlier
Other changes:
+ Cost of planting mines increased
+ now "~" will hide chat only if you haven't entered anything
We will drop trap-related skills and perks within a few days
15 years ago Quote
Reply to

Hmmm, I would say that between Dew and I, we've tried more strats with mines then anyone else. Yes, we have tried sensors in many situations and "for now" they are just not worth the space in your pack. However, I will say, that as new game types come out (such as the multi-koth/battlegrounds type areas discussed in other threads) I think they will find a place of use again. It's just a matter of time.
For now, you have to "force" them to work. Meaning, playing with acid and sensor mines are never the best option but can be a fun alternitive to dmg/stun mines. More challenging to win with but different...and different is always a good thing. ☺

Sensor mines are wonderful tools for keeping a building under "constant surveliance". Just plant the proper mine in the middle of the room (it might take more than one in some cases), and then start jumping him and making him wonder where the heck you are getting the information!
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to

No Late, mines can't scratch as they are like any other explosive weapon that currently crits but doesn't scratch. (40mm, rockets, granades)

Yes, all explosions cannot scratch units. That's the advantage to using explosions, they're expensive though.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to

Sensor mines are wonderful tools for keeping a building under "constant surveliance". Just plant the proper mine in the middle of the room (it might take more than one in some cases), and then start jumping him and making him wonder where the heck you are getting the information!

Already tried this. There are 2 decent uses for the sensor - bushes and buildings - alas, I have determined that with my build (that I had when i was a miner), it wasn't worth using up a slot in my inventory for a sensor.
However, I encourage all players to try these sensors out. It may suit your style more than it did suit me.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
any word on when or if mines will be respec'd?
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
We want to tweak grenades as well soon and then drop both mines and grenades.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
any idea on when that will be?
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote

1 2 3

Download Play Now GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him