GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where 
you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
Play Now Download

Consecutive Loss Powerup

Consecutive Loss Powerup
The punishment for people that constantly lose is very harsh. The strong get stronger and the weak noobs get weaker - the noobs get less exp for losing and they lose equipment, giving them less chance of winning the next battle since they have to come in naked. This leads to a downward spiral in their gaming experience - AND in the gaming experience of pros because there are less people to play against.
I think there should be some kind of bonus or powerup which gets stronger when you lose consecutive battles. That way the bonus compensates for the lack of skill and gives the player an even chance against opponents - and gives them a chance to win once in a while.
The bonus should start at 3 consecutive losses and increase to a max of 10 consecutive losses.
For example -
3 losses in a row - +5 hp, +1 regen, +1% crit, +1% damage resist.
for each additional loss, the bonus is multiplied by 2, 3, 4, etc all the way up to x8. (+40hp, +8 regen, +8% crit, +8% damage resist capped at 10 losses in a row).
Once a win is recorded, then the bonus is taken away and the loss counter reset to zero. I imagine the bonus would consist of additional stats although it doesn't have to be that in case it affects medals or something else I haven't thought of.
The advantages of this will be:
* To stop noob players getting disheartened with Gunrox and quitting the game altogether because it gets too depressing to constantly lose.
* To encourage players to stick with their accounts past level 10. A lot of players seem to restart, leaving it harder and harder to find a matching players in the game as you level up to 20 and beyond. I reckon this is so because at higher levels, the average player is totally outclassed by someone with a superior build and / or magic items. Give the average player some kind of incentive of possibility of winning at higher levels.
* Makes it a fairer system and doesn't make losing seem so harsh. This should encourage people to play more instead of fearing the consequences of losing.
* With more people willing to play, it makes finding a game quicker and stops the constant breakdown of games before they start because people are too scared to play or don't have any equipment.

What do you think?
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
i disagree
its completly wrong becouse with doing this there will be no competition between players and we have no looser so someone have to loos the game and it will be the guy who is weaker and have no tactic in fight☺
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
NOT GOOD
good except for this: Fake, fake, fake, fake, fake, fake, fake, fake, then use cash and come full arm and destroy because of extra 40 hp... a level 12 can easily have like 219 hp. then they are in a clan, and lost 8 battles, and is a whopping 279. not good.
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
Good idea, but I think the bonus should be capped at double this:
ie +10 hp, 2 regen etc when you reach 5 losses in a row. To avoid fakers abusing it, since this bonus will be less significant.
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
what do i think of it i think its stupid
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to

for each additional loss, the bonus is multiplied by 2, 3, 4, etc all the way up to x8. (+40hp, +8 regen, +8% crit, +8% damage resist capped at 10 losses in a row).

What do you think?

I think, that this is a great way to encourage more fake fights as a way to farm attack and defence points (or whatever). It's a good idea, but it just looks like trouble. For instance, somebody farms to get max handicaps and then goes into a fame battle our tournament battle. There is no way he is going to loose.
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
:p
Nice idea if in gunrox doesnt exist fakers but gunrox is full or fakers=>bad idea
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote

Download Play Now GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him