GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where 
you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
Play Now Download

What will be implemented in the nearby future

Ok, updates are coming and coming and here is what you will get in the next major updates:
1. CLANS - initially only three clans will be implemented to test this idea, and more of them if it will turn out good.
2. NEW AREA - it will have colorful setting like Beginner's Quarter but will have some new and exciting items. Here is the list:
- All weapons that require skill of 20. Most of them you have seen on Junkyard but in addition M60 machine gun and Milkor MGL grenade launcher will be spawned.
- Attachments for all weapons mentioned above. This includes some exciting stuff like bayonet for SVD or optical sight for Colt M4
- More mines and grenades - some higher level stuff here including stun grenade.
- Two new armors
- New weapons that require skill of 40: AWP, AK-47, H&K MP5, Beretta 92, Benelli M4
- New melee weapons like pipe and hatchet
...maybe I've forgot something but you will see it by your own eyes eventually so stay tuned ☺
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
Oh no... not the AWP!! <<>> at least it's not the most powerful sniper in this game at least... I was wondering when the attachments would come.
Third-tier weapons already?! Man... time to get to leveling my specialties again!
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to

Oh no... not the AWP!! <<>> at least it's not the most powerful sniper in this game at least...

Yes, we have VSS "Vintorez" and Barret M90 here which are more powerful than that, but it will take quite some time until people will be able to use them (require 60 and 80 skill points) ☺
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to
Squad Support Weapons
I've been wondering if there's any plans in the near future to implement some kind of 'support weapons' in the game. Such as .50 cal machine guns, or mortars.
Obviously these weapons would be exceptionally powerful and long ranged, but I was thinking that their obvious strengths could be offset by their real life limitations (lack of portability and being generally indiscriminate). This could be easily implemented by placing an AP use of 12 to fire them (cuz lets face it, you don't shoot an M2HB and then pack it up and walk off with it) These weapons are also very, very heavy (and M2HB weighs in at 88lbs. without ammo or a tripod), thus limiting the team-member's ability to carry a sufficient back-up weapon.
With this exception I am very satisfied with the overall spread of the weapons, especially the addition of mines, this has added a new level of strategy to my games, and I like it.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*
There are no plans for those kind of weapons in the nearby future especailly since we have machine guns that fit that niche. Oh and third-tier grenade/rocket launchers will have long range almost like sniper rifles and they will require 9 AP to use, therefore it may be something you are looking for.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to
Thanks
That works for me.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*
Sounds cool ☺
Nice Berseker!
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to

- New weapons that require skill of 40: AWP, AK-47, H&K MP5, Beretta 92, Benelli M4

Well now... with the new weapons coming out, there's something that just came to me... and it deals with another thread you posted to.
In regards to starting weapons and weapon skills, you said that the starting weapon (in my words) can be one tier below what you can get in-game. That means we would like to know at what skill levels do we get the second-tier weapons? I'm referring to the Colt M4, the Benelli Super 90, and the Colt Python e.g.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
You will get them at the same skill level you are getting AKS74-U, Sawed-off Shotgun, etc. +20 points.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to

You will get them at the same skill level you are getting AKS74-U, Sawed-off Shotgun, etc. +20 points.

So... basically it's like that for the third-tier weapons, only +20 from the second-tier. Nice to know!
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
Yes! Idea behind this is when you can wear some kind of weapon (or almost can), previous weapon will be given on start.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to
And how about some cover mechanics? The game is fun, but it's kinda simple too. Also, interrupts, like in the Jagged Alliance series would be fun.
I want more options, more complexity, it doesn't have to be those two suggestions above, anything that give the game more depth, really.
Also, remote mines would be cool.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*
There won't be interrupts, crunching down or anything like that.
You find this game simple because it was intended to be so. We will be improving the game, but core mechanics will stay the same.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to

Wait a second... what about the melee weapons? They don't seem to be following the same pattern as the other weapons. The bat was usuable at level 5, then the poison knife at level 20 (the poison knife was technically a THIRD tier weapon). How does this work?
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
It's a bit different for melee:
14, 20, 24, 40, 44, 60, and so on...
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote

Download Play Now GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him