GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where 
you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
Play Now Download

Whining about mines

1 2 3

Reply to
other ideas:
1) Explosion radius of 1, and also allow 1 mine per cell (no more spacing out)
2) Unit steps on mine, but wont explode it until he steps off (this will allow him to heal before he steps if necessary, and also his teammates can move away before he does his "cripling jump"
3) Perhaps we should implement something like disallow starting games overweight - so there can be no "backpacking" of extra mines.
4) Assign damage type to mines like "trap damage" and then add a perk line for 15% mine resistance per point.
5) Or you can simply tone down the total damage per mine 15% or so seems about right ☹
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to

other ideas:
1) Explosion radius of 1, and also allow 1 mine per cell (no more spacing out)
2) Unit steps on mine, but wont explode it until he steps off (this will allow him to heal before he steps if necessary, and also his teammates can move away before he does his "cripling jump"
3) Perhaps we should implement something like disallow starting games overweight - so there can be no "backpacking" of extra mines.
4) Assign damage type to mines like "trap damage" and then add a perk line for 15% mine resistance per point.
5) Or you can simply tone down the total damage per mine 15% or so seems about right ☹

Where to start...
1) We already went over that... Berserker said that explosion radius of 1 wasn't going to happen.
2) That would make it almost impossible to trip the mines in the first place! They're only taking up one cell.
3) That might actually work.
4) Don't hold your breath on that one. Better off just picking the damage resistance perk.
5) I'm more inclined to increase the weight of mines rather than nerf damage. Maybe slow down the mine damage increase from skill points, but not a 15% damage nerf from the get-go.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
Ok, thanks for the replies! One last point I want to point out... The explosion radius of 1 has been reviewed yes but not with changing the plant location limitations - if you allow side by side mines is it possible to still do a chain like berserker wants to keep ☺ - but in this case it is highly unlikely to get hit by 3 at once which is the magic number to kill (2 usually isn't enough to kill a healthy unit in the mid-levels)
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
...also there could be only one mine per round plant...nobody want to be in one place for 3 turns ☺
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
no! - you gotta have the suicide element - to be able to run in and plant 2!
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote

1 2 3

Download Play Now GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him