GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where 
you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
Play Now Download

anti-camping mechanic

1 2 3 4

Reply to

Late, i noticed you mentioned that grenades and mines are OP. May I point out that berserker has added a nice line of options for these 2 just recently... The other guns may soon come out with other options, it is hard to keep the entire game balanced while he is making these addons as we go. So, I am suspecting a gun option for all gun types for the level 10, 30, 50, 70... Will you then call these types overpowered when he releases them?

IF the 10, 30, 50, 70 skill guns can poison, blind or stun, or get laser pointers and stop damage being variable, or they can tag the enemy so it stays visible for some coming rounds, they would be in line with nades and mines. It wouldnt be overpowered if all weapon lines can do same things. Currently especially mines seem to have the art property "deadly" as in the damage is not variable, always hits the biggest amount if you are within 1 step from them. Nades damage output is incredibly reliable too. But I'm not holding my breath, I learned that Enkord is ok for cashers being able to have overpowered weapons, as an expensive way to win. And its their right to do that.
edit: haha this still the camping thread ? 😁 oh well its ok, I guess we solved that with the objectives already ^^
Edited 5 minutes later by .
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to

Enkord is ok for cashers being able to have overpowered weapons, as an expensive way to win.

uhh, looking at the latest update, seems they still do aim for balance after all. At least mines seem to be more in line with other weapons now.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to
🙄 eh mines hand it coming, But no problem as long the miners know where to plant them it shouldn't be a problem, And Well As far Berserker's post, i think i agree the most to it, cause Defensive game play for offensive is really kinda stupid, Mines if started to do so much damage, its just one click and a unit goes byebye. Thank fully am sooo not into mines 😁.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to

Last mine does 250-300 damage. Do you expect it to cost 1 AP? It will be 9 AP (7 if you take perks). Other mines will cost less of course.

Really, you are saying that the biggest mine takes a jump from 180 up to 300? I doubt that - but I guess I'll see when i uncover it...
Even with full spec points, 120 skill will only add on about 25 dmg plus the raise in dmg is usually 20 dmg which puts it at the most 235...

Late, how can you equate mines to guns? One is RELIANT on someone coming to you, now more then ever!!, even before, it required that you totally expose yourself. You are just not comparing apples to apples. Sorry man.
Edited 2 minutes later by .
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
Yup, those with mines nowadays - are gonna go full camp style now for sure! - they are going to make sure they get their money's worth (and AP worth) in mines. I am trying to picture the risk of standing a cell or 2 away from your own mine that you just spent 9 AP planting LOL...
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to

Really, you are saying that the biggest mine takes a jump from 180 up to 300? I doubt that - but I guess I'll see when i uncover it...
Even with full spec points, 120 skill will only add on about 25 dmg plus the raise in dmg is usually 20 dmg which puts it at the most 235...

120 skills = 60% damage increase
Best mine (Dynamite) has 105-150 basic damage in close range. With 60% increase applied it equals in 166-240 - nothing to sneeze at even with 7 AP to plant. (you won't be able to plant it at 9 AP since 120 skills requires 10 perks anyway).
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
Before update, mines were (risk) free lottery tickets. Now they at least cost you to stay near the mined place for that turn.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
Mines weren't exactly risk free, and they are extremely heavy which permitted us to only be able to carry 1 or MAYBE 2 mines without going overweight. All pure miners would be wise to spend another 12 perks on the Strong Back line. Which, in turn, should reflect the power of a weapon that required full unit specialization based around his mines. Nobody complains about rocket launchers anymore because they know that it takes a heck of a lot of weight to lug those things around... It seems some people forgot about the simple fact that mines (aren't simply unlocked like rocket launchers) take 12 AP and another 12 AP for weight. Level 23 is the earliest level in which one can truly have a "pure" miner. This unit would have 181 health, enough skill points for just 1 more full line, and someone who cannot viably assist his other 2 comrades in fire power unless he is close enough to plant a single mine (2 of you are lucky). Wait, now he can't even play offense...
With people shooting each other on their very first turn in Lost Beach, AND mines being useless in megas... It seems miners are resorting to playing 1x1s in huge maps. Good luck finding a game ☹
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
Have you even tried the sensor mines in megas? I have a feeling they might be pretty good actually.
Also I feel I should feel bad to get satisfaction listening how "waa 1ap 100+ damage wasnt overpowered at all"
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to

Have you even tried the sensor mines in megas? I have a feeling they might be pretty good actually.
Also I feel I should feel bad to get satisfaction listening how "waa 1ap 100+ damage wasnt overpowered at all"

Yes, I've tried sensors in Mega...Useless unless you can plant on your own side...convince your whole team to push north or south to force the other team around and eventually get them to stand close to where you started...doesn't happen very often. If you try to plant on their side of the map - you are dead....plain and simple...maybe others have had better luck. If so, please speak up.
Ok, this is my LAST post on the mine issue for now...NOT...☺. But LATE (and berserker for that matter), you are totally wrong with the whole 1ap=100dmg+. That is like saying to someone who has Right and Left hand of doom: that Luck should be nerfed because 1 Barret shot = 450 dmg. (which is true...with perfect condition)
Yes, when you set up ALL the other factors first, then sure, its 1 ap to plant a mine that "when triggered" = 100+ dmg. Just a few of the other factors that need to be in place...
...that you have enough mines left. (1 slot = 1 ammo)
...that you can plant it next to someone (you still have to be close enough which isn't as easy as you think it is)
...that you can retreat far enough to not dmg yourself
...that you can kill the unit (if you a full HP unit, 2 mines and granade don't kill, therefore, YOU are probably dead because you are left in the open)
...that you HAVE a full spec in mines rather then just skill points
...that your opponents units can't just kill you because you out in the open (or else it was just a 1 for 1 trade)
...and the list goes on...
(it wasn't as unbalanced as you think...oh well...I will now say goodbye to mines ☺ and leave it at that...Nades will be hit next...then HP is my guess)
Just to clarify, berserker, you are changing your stats right? You first said biggest mine was 250-300 dmg ***Berserker****(Last mine does 250-300 damage. Do you expect it to cost 1 AP?)...now you are saying 166-240...am i understanding you correctly?
Edited 4 minutes later by .
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to

Just to clarify, berserker, you are changing your stats right? You first said biggest mine was 250-300 dmg ***Berserker****(Last mine does 250-300 damage. Do you expect it to cost 1 AP?)...now you are saying 166-240...am i understanding you correctly?

No, 250-300 was a wild guess and 166-240 is correct amount after I checked data. 240 or 300 per single mine is still huge for a situation where you don't have to engage in combat.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
You mean 166-240, I've never seen a mine max out and there are no crits...☹...another slight disadvantage that does weigh in a little. ☺ And yes, adequate dmg provided they trip the mine themselves, dont' see the mine ahead of time, and don't trigger it with 40mms...all of which make it far from "absoulte" dmg. ☺
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
Sounds like a single grenade with crit will do a LOT more damage than even a pair of mines when fully specced, and for 6 AP only too!
Add this to your list Notorious...
*mines are virtually USELESS if the opponent can see them* - or were you just reviewed the offensive pros and cons of mines?
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
Reply to
I am not aware of crits on mines, perhaps they were broken somewhere on the way, we will check it out.
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to
What do you think of adding a ram like the Swat? you get a broken wall ...☺
15 years ago Quote
15 years ago Quote

1 2 3 4

Download Play Now GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him