GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where 
you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
Play Now Download

"Hall of Fame" Suggestions

"Hall of Fame" Suggestions
As discussed in many other forum threads, the hall of fame system is in obvious need of reform. These are just my suggestions and thoughts on it.
The problem: Top clans (and lower clans sometimes), in the words of _Explosion_, "raping" the current clan system; smaller or new clans having to work 5x harder to reach the status of top 5 clans.
Right away when you look at the clan system these problems become obvious. I have been in some of the top clans and i know how much work they put into being at the top. However, there is no denying that they abuse the system and pre-arrange fame fights with other clans to secure their position at the top, but can you blame them? You can very significantly increase fame points earned with loads of arts, why wouldn't anybody try to arrange a game where they win and get 2000-3000 fame points in ONE GAME!
Now there comes a conflict of interest in solving this problem. I think that a possible solution is to reduce, or remove the extra fame points earned with arts. The benefits are just way too high. In reducing the points earned, this will also reduce the incentive to purchase artifacts from the artifact market, and i know ENKORD doesn't want to do that.
On small clans trying to rise to the top
Every clan wants to be #1, they try and fight as much as they can without, and sometimes with artifacts. They notice that is very hard and time consuming to actually work their way to the top. One leader will unaviodably find himself thinking: What is the quickest way to get massive fame points with little effort? The answer is "fake" faming. Yes, it is possible to get to the top without "faking" but most do it. I know they do, it is a fact. With the new extra points for being #1 in the group, this creates an unbalance for other clans. Especially since the clans at the top get even greater bonuses than the B, and C pools.
The best way i can think of to have fair competition is to create "fame games" where the computer matches up teams of 2, 3 etc. Since we obviously can't trust players to match themselves up anymore, this is the best option. It would be very similar to random games. All clans will be put on the same level and combined with reduced points for bringing artifacts, as well as eliminating top seed pool bonuses, this could seriously make it a fair game for aspiring clan leaders and their clans with real talent, not real money and connections. That is what it takes to get to the top here, connections and $$$. But since ENKORD is a growing company i see that $ is in their best interest right now, and i understand that. But please consider the interests of the players.
My Solution (in short for those too lazy to read everything):
-Eliminate the responsibility of players to find fame matches, put in place a "random game" style fame game matching system.
-Reduce points awarded for bringing arts
-Eliminate top seed bonuses for different pools
Conclusion:
This system makes it much easier to find fame games, and is fair for all since each clan has equal opprotunity to be successful. I realize that some players may be hesitant to go against an opponent that they do not know who they are, but in this way the brave clans willing to fight everyone will be #1. Fake fame is almost impossible here, unless one party bribes off the other party to blow the game. (it is unlikely it will happen) I still think artifacts should be permitted (why shouldn't they be?), but with less reward for bringing them.
I encourage all of you to share your thoughts. If you don't have a counter-suggestion to one of my ideas and only complaints, please don't bother posting.
Edited 1 hour later by .
12 years ago Quote
12 years ago Quote
Reply to
I agree. If these changes would be made I would create a clan for all my friends... that's how much I do not like this system. I'm sure other people have considered this too.
12 years ago Quote
12 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to
I agree with these guys
I mean, with out fake faming, how would voltron and GROM get to the top 5? There is a reason they are not #1 anymore you do realize that right berserker? Hell's Angels made it to the top from fake faming, if they honestly didn't then they are the only clan in the game who bothers to put effort into playing fame without faking. In conclusion, change the fame system like BoB clearly stated, and how Explosion clearly assisted. Thank you for your time.
Edited 1 hour, 45 minutes later by *DELETED*. Reason: toxicity doesnt fake :).
12 years ago Quote
12 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*

I mean, with out fake faming, how would toxicity get to the top 5? There is a reason they are not #1 anymore you do realize that right berserker? Hell's Angels made it to the top from fake faming, if they honestly didn't then they are the only clan in the game who bothers to put effort into playing fame without faking.

I don't think it is accurate to say 100% of all fame points ever earned by these clans are the result of fake fame, but rather a boost to their legitimately earned points.
I don't expect moderators to moderate each and every fame game... They can't. I find it that clans have a member who also has an account in a second clan that they often times will fame against. They also do this with outposts. A perfect example is CupCake and her alternate account Chihuahua. She will attack an outpost with this account, with the intentions on losing, to defend it. She also uses this account for fake faming on a scheduled basis with other clans. Another example is Cruentus and Obsydian. Cruentus loads up his clan mates with arts to fight his alternate account Obsydian and a clanmate with the intent on losing. Hells Angels does it too! Lucifer gets on his alternate account in RedTalons (i forget the name) and does the same process. My point is, they all do it and there is nothing stopping them from doing so. It is also very hard to prove unless an inside man posts screenshots of the conversations but nobody wants to get kicked from a clan for proving that they fake!
12 years ago Quote
12 years ago Quote
Reply to
As usual, a thread about improving this game has turned into a mud slinging match. Nothing will change if everyone points their finger at others!
12 years ago Quote
12 years ago Quote
Reply to
Cc is right
Nothing will change. ENKORD wont change something with the chance of less income with reducing points of arts.

Ps: im glad your out of toxicity bob😝
12 years ago Quote
12 years ago Quote
Reply to

What is the quickest way to get massive fame points with little effort? The answer is "fake" faming .

😎😎
12 years ago Quote
12 years ago Quote
Reply to
yes
Random fame is my dream. So much time and energy wasted when looking for fame games.
Berserker, why you do not let us spend money faster?
Also, since some clans refuse fames because of advantage of clan perks, I am willing to play without them.
12 years ago Quote
12 years ago Quote
Reply to
Update
(Addition)
I see that there could be problems where clanmates may not want to play with each other, so there is a need to create a system where two or three players will have to agree to be on a team together.
12 years ago Quote
12 years ago Quote
Reply to

Ps: im glad your out of toxicity bob😝

Is this intended to hurt me?
12 years ago Quote
12 years ago Quote
Reply to

Is this intended to hurt me?

If it does then: je suis desolé☺
But random fame would be nice even with no clanperks but points of arts should not be decreased
12 years ago Quote
12 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to
I don't think berserker will change, But i like it , nice chance to low lvl's clan reach the top too.
PS: xixi is right too , all of top 5 do fake fame , its sure , all know , incluse you berserker.
12 years ago Quote
12 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*
Yes
Good idea! 😝
12 years ago Quote
12 years ago Quote
Reply to
[QUOTE=-BoB-Beast_v2;69153]Good idea! 😝
Really bob?
12 years ago Quote
12 years ago Quote
Reply to

Really bob?

😎😎
12 years ago Quote
12 years ago Quote

Download Play Now GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him