GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where 
you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
Play Now Download

Single player campaign(s) / Offline Gunrox game

Single player campaign(s) / Offline Gunrox game
Hello guys and girls and hopefully Bers you are reading this😉
From the beginning of Gunrox till now I am still a big fan to make a
offline Single player Gunrox game. I know the Gunrox project is based on to have fun in pvp and developed to regnerate money with a PvP online system but why not make besides that a Pvm offline game?
Most work is already done with tweaking balance and introducing weapons, armour, nades etc. Also if a single player Gunrox game will be launched other offline players will be introduced to the concept of gunrox and perhaps will be lured into the online game after finishing the single player game.
Think about the possibility that gunrox community will grow after such a new step, like sell the game for example including with some e cash like 1,000 or 10.000 so the offline player would try to play the PvP system online after finishing the offline campaigns.
Heck if you need help with testing AI of the PVM I would help you for free and I think many other players will do that also to make the next step of Gunrox possible.
So Bers what is your opinion about this subject, I hope you already busy with developing an offline gunrox game secretly ☺
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
Try GUNROX: World Revolution and GUNROX: Once upon a time in Gibson City.
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
sry bers

Try GUNROX: World Revolution and GUNROX: Once upon a time in Gibson City.

well there quest of the holy grenade but there when u die game go to last saved game and this will be a better tuttorial for noobs (well not very good players low lvl😝) and when they finish game or see like a title with a linnk to :GUNOROX ONLINE PVP this will give more players and with experience (maybe cashers 😉)
like in the campaign there will be missions like
1)u must capture ennemy flag
or
2)u must kill all enemy units (more than you 3 units)
and another idea would be like the king of the hill like vs ex.for low lvls 3units vs3 and must take like 10 points
oh and id really want help with this for free like joul81 😁
Daniel
(P.S this is my longest post 😲 so i think this is a very good idea)
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
awesome

offline Single player Gunrox game. I know the Gunrox project is based on to have fun in pvp and developed to regnerate money with a PvP online system but why not make besides that a Pvm offline game?
Most work is already done with tweaking balance and introducing weapons, armour, nades etc. Also if a single player Gunrox game will be launched other offline players will be introduced to the concept of gunrox and perhaps will be lured into the online game after finishing the single player game.
Think about the possibility that gunrox community will grow after such a new step, like sell the game for example including with some e cash like 1,000 or 10.000 so the offline player would try to play the PvP system online after finishing the offline campaigns.
Heck if you need help with testing AI of the PVM I would help you for free and I think many other players will do that also to make the next step of Gunrox possible.
So Bers what is your opinion about this subject, I hope you already busy with developing an offline gunrox game secretly ☺

just use everything, but use AI controled units
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
I just can speak with my own small experience of programming (im not involved here) but AI at such complex games like gunrox is very difficult.
They must ceck the autogenerated Map and need to find the most important positions. Here are very different weapons most of them with advantages and disadvantages.
For example: You stay 3 steps away from AI-Enemy what should he do?
A: Shoot 3 times with ak.
B: Move 3 steps away and shoot 2 times.
C: Move 3 steps away and shoot 1 times and run out of sight.
D: Run close to him change to shootgun and shoot twice.
E: Run 12 step away and hide.
A simple situation with just 2 units but many options to do.
and here we have more than your own and opponent unit. So there are many more options to use every single ap of all AI-controled units.
You need to decide if you scope or move to find an opponent. Decide between attack, healing, hiding. Where you move? Where you hide? Where you drop mines? Where you aim if you shoot with dispersion? Wich opponent will you attack if you see more than 1? All these things do the human brain without problems but for a AI you need to programm all this options. And like i said its not so simple.
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to
I can see that this is a kind of social dialog, people came up with some ideas (of course at their covenience) but knut... this is business, we are talking here about large amounts of money, so if I am in berk shoes i will never make my company earn less money, its normal ☺ just expressing my thoughts☺
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*

GUNROX was always meant to be more like chess, where players can have fun engaging each other in different ways. There will be no bots here ever.

At least i like the idea but i also know the huge work behind and many problems of creating a respectable AI for such kind of games like gunrox.
Im not against good ideas around the game but i also try to give an answer and my own oppinion. In past there was many ideas of the whole community implemented also ideas of me. We always need this ideas and im sure everybody wants an answer and other oppinions about (positive or negative). If i had a oppinion about i post it, if not im quiet.
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
Knutistgut, your answers always very clear and thorough. I think we cannot explain many things better then you. Thx for doing that!
P.S. Just a question: are you school teacher? =)
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to

You must check whats possbile to refinance. We saw many developers who tried to earn large amounts of money but they got problems and never released a game and at least go bankrupt. Just yesterday i heard about developer of Fallout-Online got problems and this game maybe will never released.
The idea of bots/AI-Units was discussed many many times. An Answer of berserker 6 month ago was:
At least i like the idea but i also know the huge work behind and many problems of creating a respectable AI for such kind of games like gunrox.
Im not against good ideas around the game but i also try to give an answer and my own oppinion. In past there was many ideas of the whole community implemented also ideas of me. We always need this ideas and im sure everybody wants an answer and other oppinions about (positive or negative). If i had a oppinion about i post it, if not im quiet.

I must agree about your post saying it aint easy jeps, but there are a lot of good games been or being made who use good AI in turnbased combat.
For example look at Jagged Alliance 2 (hoping to see the JA3 soon), X-COM (not the new version bleh), Fallout 1 and 2 (fallout online wont think that the project will see the daylight).
I realise that a lot of energy and time will be needed to realise that, but no idea how big for example Iron fist is (JA2) they did a good job with that project. personally I hope that Katauri Interactive (kingsbounty) move to the turnbased combat market, the developers are big fans of JA (readed some interviews) and would like to make in the future such a game.
I see a lot op potential in a Gunrox Single player campaigne, for example mix some RPG elements into the game, use a worldmap and make quests/tournaments. But yeah the key question is offcourse is it possible with current workforce and if is it possible will make it money offcourse.
Maybe an hybrid system will be the answer, realtime gameplay till you encounter an enemy unit like fallout or JA series use. On the otherside if an hybrid system will be used it aint Gunrox anymore.
Edited 16 minutes later by .
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to

Knutistgut, your answers always very clear and thorough. I think we cannot explain many things better then you. Thx for doing that!
P.S. Just a question: are you school teacher? =)

No im a small salesman and in privat I did some webpages for some costumers of my brothers 1-Man-company. As hobby in my youth i tried to programm some small games, i also was a part of a small team developing a browsergame and after release my maintask was costumer service. It was just a small game but was growing with up to 5000 gamers. This was to much for a hobby and low time so we sold it after 1 year. 6 month later it was closed, re-released and closed again.
At all of this i need to teach my costumers. I try to comply with the wishes of them but there are also things wich are not possible to do.
Sure there are other games like you said joul. I'm a fan of all of them. I also don't believe its impossible to do such a AI. I just said its a huge and also hard work. As far as i know Gunrox was programmed by a single person (aka astor). How large was the team of fallout? (i believe around 22 just for the core).
Developer of JA2 was Sir-Tech. I don't know how many employees they had. This game was released 6 month after planned date because it was totaly buggy and they need to fix this and they did it good and the did other great games like wizardy but about money this company was bankrupt 3 years later.
About XCom and developer Microprose. Micropose had 343 employees at this time and staff cost $20 million a year.
I don't know how huge Enkord is but i believe its a very small company with great ideas.
Maybe you see the differences now.
Edited 2 hours, 4 minutes later by .
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to

berserker may be the last enemy to kill in campaign mode ☺
nice idea
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
Hmmm just as knut said it would be to much work to program but i am thinking about a sort of test room (its looks like the toturial but it also on other maps) where u can test your waepons (like if u can use basic detector or rpg and never saw it working u can try it here) (or if u wanna work at your tactics)
It gotta work like this:u click at test-room and u start a
game:IA-bots dont move but at the beginning u can say where they have to move to and u dont get xp or 1 more win at the end just as the abort-games this gotta less work to program but it is very usefull tell me If u like this idea.
Ciao ;p
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to

Developer of JA2 was Sir-Tech. I don't know how many employees they had. This game was released 6 month after planned date because it was totaly buggy and they need to fix this and they did it good and the did other great games like wizardy but about money this company was bankrupt 3 years later.
About XCom and developer Microprose. Micropose had 343 employees at this time and staff cost $20 million a year.
I don't know how huge Enkord is but i believe its a very small company with great ideas.
Maybe you see the differences now.

Thats true, but how along ago is that JA2, XCOM and Fallout have been launched? more then 10 years and most programwork is opensourced of those games. Even Fallout 1 and 2 sourcecodes are being used to make mods, so the codes are available to use if is it helpfull for example a gunrox offline game.
I am totally noob at programming☺ so some of my remarks and comments can be (are😉) dumb about that subject. But if a team of Microprose or sirtech make the game 10 years ago with such AI, I hope these days it won't cost that much time and energy to get the same results like programming of AI then 10 years ago.
Maybe in the far future then a Gunrox 2.0 😁
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
I like the idea of a offline gunrox game.. If this were to be made, dont link it to the online version. This would make it too easy to hack. The company is too small to release a big game for consoles. It would have to be a $5, to free price tag on it. Being free would insure growth for the online version. If it were to have a price tag, torrents would pick it up and make it free, even if you closed the project down.
+1
I agree with making a offline, unconnected version for pc.
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to

I like the idea of a offline gunrox game.. If this were to be made, dont link it to the online version. This would make it too easy to hack. The company is too small to release a big game for consoles. It would have to be a $5, to free price tag on it. Being free would insure growth for the online version. If it were to have a price tag, torrents would pick it up and make it free, even if you closed the project down.
+1
I agree with making a offline, unconnected version for pc.

5 dollar for a good turnbased game is a fairy tale☺
Aiming at a amount of 40 euro's or 50 Dollars is more realistic (for example including some enkord cash you can use after finishing all the quests/campaigns).
Hmm about consoles I am not a real big fan of making turnbased games on consoles or even good RPG's, personally I like to play such games behind my PC. Consoles are a good platform for shooters/arcade games. Making a Gunrox shooter I won't advice😉 (getting fallout deja vu 😁). So new programming not needed on that platform.
About torrents, most of the times I try to download the game and try it first and then buy the originele. For example I tried Kingsbounty Legend first with download but after playing it for an hour I went to the store to buy the originele because in my opinion they are worthy the money with the game (big fan of their turnbased series of kingsbounty).
Allmost all my friends try first a download game and if it is good the originele game is bought.
I am curious about how many gamers these days get the originele game instead of just downloading the torrent version. I hope many gamers share my thoughts about first try and then buy the game.
Edited 2 minutes later by .
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
You don't understand.. You can get any game for pc for free through torrents.. The full version, not some trial. $50 is never going to happen, that would have to be as good as fallout or bioshock.. Also for console and not pc.. The company is not that big..
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote

Download Play Now GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him