GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where 
you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
Play Now Download

"Mines need a buff"

1 2

Reply to
How about we increase the potency of a mine in the red zone by a significant amount? say 50% or so.
This way they will be less likely to be tripped, but also much more valuable in the red zone as well 😁
suggestion: +50% damage/stun/poison in red zone
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
Reply to

How about we increase the potency of a mine in the red zone by a significant amount? say 50% or so.
This way they will be less likely to be tripped, but also much more valuable in the red zone as well 😁
suggestion: +50% damage/stun/poison in red zone

We will make danger zone cut 50% per turn and kill you if you have 10 HP or less. Therefore soon there will be no people wandering in that zone.
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
Reply to

Ok we ignore all other constelations of the game and just look at the mine in megamatches at big maps. I still think there is no disadvantage because everyone can choose where he drop his mine. If he drop it at dangerzone its his own blame not the blame of the game. Its i new feature, some days and everybody get used to the zone. Some player use the danerzone for new tactics. So a mine were not nerfed. For example at my match some minutes ago i place i mine at dangerzone and it explode.

Not very true. There is only so little time in mega before you engage someone and back in the days you can start mining your initial location slowly moving somewhere. Now you have to rush closer to the center before you start mining, and since everyone else is doing the same, mining becomes unsafe unlike before. Safe mining was the key - you place your mines in advance and then hope someone will trigger it. If you are placing mines while someone is shooting on you then mines are useless - you better use grenades instead.
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to

We will make danger zone cut 50% per turn and kill you if you have 10 HP or less. Therefore soon there will be no people wandering in that zone.

Yes, do it ASAP please. My experience with danger zone is very bad - people on low health camp there, so even if you played well and had healthy units your advantege becomes worthless. To find clever enemy you need to stay in the zone sometimes, hurting youself and constantly losing advantage.
And about the mines - i think they are fine as they are.
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*
Puttatos / Chaos said

And about the mines - i think they are fine as they are.

Because you don't use em like we do 😝
Ideas/solutions to increase mine potency.
1. Make mines reacquireable with a chance they dentonate when trying to reacquire them depending on skill lvl of unit and mine.
2. Make mines 1 less ap to use across the board.
3. Make mines do more dmg (10 %-50%)
4.Make mines which randomly appear at differnt parts of the map if danger zone has overtaken them.
5. Make mines weigh less
6. decrease cost of mines in cash shop
7. increase mine frequency in boxes
8. Make claymores findable earlier like in junk/bear traps in memorial
9. new perk - Kamikazie miner - detonates 2 most potent mines in inventory upon death (3 ap - 5 if used on your own)
10. good enough for now

All decent ideas to buff mines, or keep them as they are. I really don't care though I use em frequently. ☺
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
Reply to
oh man you are a geeky nerdy cool
love that darken!!!but i reseted already i guess i lost hope bout mines now but your ideas are cool keep it up😉
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*

Yes, do it ASAP please. My experience with danger zone is very bad - people on low health camp there, so even if you played well and had healthy units your advantege becomes worthless. To find clever enemy you need to stay in the zone sometimes, hurting youself and constantly losing advantage.

Already done with today's update.
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
Reply to

1. Make mines reacquireable with a chance they dentonate when trying to reacquire them depending on skill lvl of unit and mine.[/QUOTE]
Could work
[QUOTE]2. Make mines 1 less ap to use across the board.
3. Make mines do more dmg (10 %-50%)
[/QUOTE]
Already had that back in the days when mines were overpowered, had to nerf them.
[QUOTE]4.Make mines which randomly appear at differnt parts of the map if danger zone has overtaken them. [/QUOTE]
I don't think many players will appreciate that. Gameplay will become bizarre as you will be afraid of steping even where you are 100% sure there is no mine.
[QUOTE]5. Make mines weigh less[/QUOTE]
Already had that back in the days when mines were overpowered, had to nerf them.
[QUOTE]
6. decrease cost of mines in cash shop
7. increase mine frequency in boxes
8. Make claymores findable earlier like in junk/bear traps in memorial
[/QUOTE]
Availability of the weapon have nothing to do with power.
[QUOTE]9. new perk - Kamikazie miner - detonates 2 most potent mines in inventory upon death (3 ap - 5 if used on your own)
[/QUOTE]
We already have autoplant but I don't think this will become deal maker, you are picking up mine skill not because you want to go suicidal in the first place.
[QUOTE]10. good enough for now

In reality only #1 is relatively good.
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
Reply to
Thanks for the feedback, its greatly appreciated. ☺

Berserker Said

Availability of the weapon have nothing to do with power.

This is where I beg to differ.
1. The more mines you find in boxes the more you can plant during the battle
which indeed makes them more powerful because of the numbers involved.

2. Only true cashers or farmers have access to mass quanities of mines. Or serious item merchants, or lucky looters. The average non cashing player doesn't have access to mass quanites of mines or even alot of them. Making mines easier to find would increase thier strenth considerably because you would see alot more out thier being used by the non cashing player also.
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
Reply to
It doesn't matter how many people will use what. If they use something it must be balanced, no matter how easy or hard that weapon can be obtained.
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
Reply to
Its hard to know what kind of suggestion you really want. Every change of mine would change the effect at all matches. For example you said mine is good like before at small maps with a few player but it lost influnece at the shrinking zone.
Your favorit and only respected suggestion till now is the chance to pick up the mine.
So you push small matches too and what will it change the situation with danger zone?
First you drop a mine at border of map in a save situation and later you must go inside the dangerzone to regain your mine. Probably use additional ap for this so you must stay at the dangerzone and lose health. Or there is chance to blow up at the try to regain and you lost health too. In truth it will be the same if you regain i mine out of the dangerzone or you can find a new one at a box. But this suggestion you hate.
The situation after regain the mine isn't other like now. You must rush to the middle drop and hide. I think this feature just take influence at area without or outside the dangerzone. Simply at normal matches of 2 campers where one player sit in a corner after placing a mine and wait and the opponent camp at his own corner and nothing happen.
My personal meaning i like to suggestion of regain a mine but i think it dossent matter with the dangerzone.

My suggestion for mine at megabattles with shrinking map:
- Raise the trigger radius at the explosion radius of the mine
- Hide all of the mine/traps/sensor, even at megas the chance is bigger a opponent see your mine/traps/sensor so they will be more useless as the growing dangerzone.
And i know both suggestions will a little push the mine at small matches too
Edited 29 minutes later by .
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to
I know i am a little out of date in this post, but i would like the idea of cable mines, u can attach to a mine and expand the range of detection with a cable and a stick. the only difference is that u cant pass through this place again or something like that 😁
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*

I know i am a little out of date in this post, but i would like the idea of cable mines, u can attach to a mine and expand the range of detection with a cable and a stick. the only difference is that u cant pass through this place again or something like that 😁

The mine would not do any damage if the point of detonation is far away from the mine.
12 years ago Quote
12 years ago Quote

1 2

Download Play Now GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him