GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where 
you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him
Play Now Download

New Pets idea

New Pets idea
Here are a few ideas to share regarding the pets feature:
-- Pets should use up some of the AP of the pet owner
-- Pets should have reduced life compared to human soldier
-- Have option to "armor" pets (example: vest and helmet)
-- Have option to have pets "carry" stuff in courier bag, an upgrade too
-- Pets MAY see mines, etc, if OWNER soldier has upgrade mine perks and skills
-- Pets may also have tendency to run AMOK--- meaning, lose control and they run and attack w/out command (this is a later version once you get the basics down). This way, we could buy certain types of pets and have them trained, etc. A regular MUTT, for example, has 30% chance of AMOK (like the elephants in Rome Total War that run and stampede when they face fire/flame arrows).
I could help provide details on features so you could have a great pet offering that makes sense, is not too complicated, and is fair.
-Wil
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
Reply to
Im sure bers wants pets just for additional feature of appearance without influence into balance. Notice you can buy a pet at shop like a shirt, a hairstyle or something like this its not a 4th unit.
And if its a 4th unit it should be for free because unfairness at matches of non/low-cashers against high-cashers.
Some ideas about peds i read last days are nice but please dont break balance with influence with additional options. It would be the same like a feature to buy arts. Or a player who wear angelwings can fly over a wall. A player with alian-outfit can read the mind (chat) of opponent. A player with panda-head can climb up trees and have additional sight a player with backbag have more invantory, dynamitebag give same options without using kamikazeperk, special kind of shoes give you additional ap and so on. I sure nobody wants to play against an opponent who push his units with some of this items.
The only thing we should think about is maybe one or more special areas just for the pets. At this map the owner of pets can start a petfight. Maybe same way like normal units now, maybe with growing/leveling and skilling of your pets.
Edited 4 minutes later by .
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
Reply to
Good point!
I like ur thinking, that pets should not upset balance. Rather, that there should be a special "OK" to allow pets.
I laughed at your comments at wings could fly, mindreaders, etc. That was sooo good. Such a good example about not wanting to upset balance.
ALSO, your note about making it free is a good one too ☺ At least the mutt dogs (not like German Shephard, Bulldog, etc) should be free and not just accessible to cashers.
Here's a good compromise:
--- Add dog feature and allow some use like line of sight by 1radius or something.
--- BUT, for fights you could allow (as the game host) to have pets or not.
I do think in the future it would be a neat addiiton. NOT just for decoration otherwise it will be a waste of time. But as a kind of weapon. A pet on the battlefied is not a pet, it's a weapon. We should treat it as that.
Because the pet could be seen and make it harder to hide behind a bush, etc. If it is a disadvantage, it should also be an advantage like line of site, etc. BUT, again, to use pet to go somewhere w/out owner, should cost a percentage of AP ☺ It would be almost the same as owner himself walking forward and then back.
Btw, I think if pets step on mine, he should blow up into little *hotdogs.* LOL.
-Wil
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
Reply to
Pet not 4th unit. Pet is weapon (a minor weapon)
Advantage:
--- can see further (w/ no damage to owner)
--- can set off mines
--- *maybe* can alert if enemy in 1radius, but cannot see (only smell)
Disadvantage:
--- uses AP of owner
--- uses up weight or number of items that could be carried
--- may be seen as if a unit, making it harder to hide behind bush, in car, etc.
Start with dog...
Then with parrot... (easier to shoot with sniper, can't set off mines)
Then with coiled snake... (like a sensor that bites w/ minor damage. cost less to get, and requires only 2AP to set down)
Fun talking about it.
If there is a TEST map that has the pet dog feature, i'd like to participate just to try it out. Then to report bugs, make recommendations, etc.
Let me know how I could help ☺
-Wil
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
Reply to
for now we dont know nothing about pet "abilities" so until release treat them only as new outfit feature
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to
pets idea too
-perts have poison
-pets have 5ap only
😁 hehehe this is good idea heheh pls berserker adde pet in all player plz
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*
-pet are stupid thing.
if i want to play farmville ill create an account. dog will be only disctraction in game..
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
Reply to

-pet are stupid thing.
if i want to play farmville ill create an account. dog will be only disctraction in game..

You are not forced to buy it.
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
*DELETED*
Reply to
i think pets are good
14 years ago Quote
14 years ago Quote
Reply to *DELETED*
Pet as add on appearance
I have not heard about the pet idea in a long time.
May we at least start with having a pet at least accompany the unit with no benefits? Would be cool if my unit was walking around with a pet dog of choice (bulldog, german shepherd, etc).
FOR NOW... make it like adding that bird on the shoulder ☺ Part of appearance and no way to upset balance of game ☺
-ranger01
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
pets having abilities is maybe not so good can really unbalance the chances of winnign in the game
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
So will this be like a fourth character?
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
very good ides knut i like them:=)
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
:)
Pets : can be a bonnus.
Some diffrents kind of pets like : dog,rabit,cat,bear,bird...etc will be the bonnus for 1st,2nd and 3rd Clan on Top HOF.Its switch for Crown only for 1st now.
Anyway need to buy these pets (if your Clan is availble) in shop with more than 1 E like Crown ( maybe 25 E-then ppl have 50 E from random can buy 2 pets )
Pets : Apperance bonnus 😝
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
Pets will make things fun
I think Pets as an Appearance item (or Bonus) will be a neat change to game ☺
It seems like Gunrox is making changes regularly.
AND this is AWESOME!!!
A simple pet upgrade would be a neat change. We can always remove it if it is more of a distraction than anything else. I just really liked that pet dog in the sample image.
-ranger01 / mariana
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
We put pets on hold because we want to finish clan system first.
Next major update will be Outposts.
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote
Reply to
Awesome :)
Ok Bers ☺
I look forward to future upgrades.
Cheers.
-ranger01
13 years ago Quote
13 years ago Quote

Download Play Now GUNROX is a hardcore old-school turn-based PvP game with full loot drop where you can take all of your opponent's equipment after killing him